Sunday, February 27, 2011

Weekday Wedding


On Thursday night, we were sitting down to dinner after a long day at work when we heard a commotion outside - loud drums and ululation coming from the alley next to our apartment. It was a wedding celebration, and the bride and groom emerged from the building across the way just after we got to our window. Even though it was a weekday, it was a festive Lebanese dance party, with our neighbors throwing rose petals and rice from the windows above.

Here's a video to give you a sense of traditional Lebanese drumming and dancing. We kind of wish we had this drum team for our wedding instead of the Motown band, but we're not sure if Hampton would have been able to "gator" to it.

1 comment:

  1. I can just picture you two leaning out your window to get this video. What a great adventure you are having. I loved Mike and Nancy's Christmas card. Now I want to ride a camel too!
    keep on blogging
    diane

    ReplyDelete